The charity provides and maintains the building in the centre of the village which currently provides a home to nine people.
Originally established by deed poll in March 1579, it was the will of Sir Thomas Leigh, who died in 1571 and his wife Dame Alice Leigh that the Almshouse be built.
It was called The Almshouse of Thomas Leigh, knight, and of Alice, his wife, in Stoneleigh, in the county of Warwickshire.
It was built to accommodate five men and five women, who are chosen from among the oldest and most in need in the parish.
The Almshouse overlooks the Old Forge, which was built in 1861.
All domestic appliances are provided for residents along with carpets, storage heaters, phone lines and TV points.
There is a large communal garden and plenty of storage.
Preference will be given to people living within the parish but anyone living near the village can apply.
Call 024 7630 6894 or email :[email protected]