Firefighters prevent explosion at Marton blaze

FIREFIGHTERS worked to prevent a gas cylinder exploding at a fire in Marton this afternoon (Tuesday July 3).

Fire crews from Southam, Rugby and Leamington were called to Sandy Lane in the village at 2.14pm, where a garage was on fire.

Sign up to our daily WarwickshireWorld Today newsletter

Firefighters used two hose reels and breathing apparatus, as well as setting up a hazard zone because a propane cylinder was also involved in fire. The fire was put out shortly after 3pm and all crews had returned to thier stations at 4.30pm.