Warwick road closures: almost a dozen for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
Warwick's motorists will have 10 road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And four of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that five closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A423, from 8pm August 14 to 6am October 8, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A45 both directions Ryton Roundabout to Tollbar Roundabout, carriageway closure for replacement of defective street lighting.
• A46, from 9.30am March 28 2022 to 4pm April 1 2024, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A46 both directions stoneleigh junction, lane closures and temporary speed limit for new bridge construction.
• A46, from 6am September 7 2021 to 11.59pm April 1 2024, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A46 northbound and southbound, Stoneleigh, Narrow lanes and speed restriction for construction of new bridge.
• A435, from 9pm November 14 2022 to 6am July 13 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M42 both directions jct two to M42 jct five and M40, junction 15, lane and carriageway closures for safety barrier improvement/Upgrade.
• A46, from 8pm April 24 2023 to 6am September 30 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A46 both directions Binley roundabout to M6 jct two, carriageway closure for major scheme works.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A46, from 9pm September 18 to 6am September 19, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A46 both directions between Blacklow roundabout and Kenilworth, lane closure for barrier repairs.
• M40, from 9pm September 19 to 6am September 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): M40 northbound, jct 15 to jct 16, lane closure for carriageway reconstruction/renewal.
• A46, from 8pm September 25 to 6am September 30, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A46 northbound, Thickthorn Roundabout to Stoneleigh roundabout, Lane closures for tree cutting works.
• A46, from 9pm September 25 to 6am September 26, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A46 southbound, Kenilworth roundabout to Blacklow roundabout, lane closure for carriageway reconstruction/renewal works.
• A45, from 9.30pm September 25 to 6am October 14, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A46 both directions Sherbourne roundabout to Festival roundabout, carriageway closure for horticulture works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.